Is cheating an absolute deal-breaker in your relationship?

if you had a decent guy who was a good dad and worked/paid bills, etc who had fallen off the wagon so to speak and hit a rough patch, and ended up cheating, but was more than willing to do whatever it takes to make it right, would you still leave him, even if you still loved him? the trust isnt there, but that can be repaired right? just looking for opinions thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Outta here!
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 12:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It is a deal breaker for both of us. No questions, that is the one unforgivable thing in our marriage.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• life is short and people make mistakes
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i'd say deal breaker but i've never been in that situation with my husband. i don't know if i would be able to trust again but i'd hate to end such a happy part of my life. idk.....
    Caroline78

Answer by Caroline78 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Being cheated on (by my ex bf) made me feel like total crap, like I was so ugly, worthless, invaluable. If my husband were to do that - see ya! I don't want my girls to think it is OK. My brother & DH were talking about it one time during a road trip. I was in the back seat with my eyes closed & I guess they thought I was asleep. DH told my brother that he'd never cheat, that by cheating you're telling that person that you don't value their feelings, or them as a person and how could you do that to someone you loved. I forget the exact words he used, but it made me feel good to hear him say that!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Absolutely. When trust goes out the window, what's left?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Trust can always be fixed so no I stayed with my ex SO even after he cheated on me with my ex best friend. It all depends on the person.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• For me it is a deal breaker. I watched my mom take my dad back time and again after he whored around with various skanks. She finally kicked him out but not soon enough. Cheating is a choice not something that just happens if my husband ever makes a choice to cheat he is making a choice to not be with me at all.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my then boyfriend cheated on me, I had just had his second child, I took him back, it was hard and I did not trust him for a while but we worked things out things got better and 2 years later we got married. He's never given me another indication that he's cheating and I do trust him. If he were to cheat on me again, YES it wouldbe over, I'd file for divorce immediately.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't do second chances when it comes to that. I feel that this man married me because he loved me and only wanted to be with me. If somehow his feelings changed, I should have been the first to know before he went off and did someone else. My trust isn't easily earned and once I've given it to you, if it's broken, it's broken for good. I don't take cheating lightly and I won't stand to be totally humiliated and hurt that way. I watched my dad do it to my mom and she just sat there. She regrets it to this day for letting him get away with it so easily.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010