I wanted this, so why do I feel so sad?

I finally did it, yesterday I told my SO of four years to leave. I still believe I did the right thing. He hurt me financially, he was constantly having online girlfriends, or sexting ( I walked in on him last Sunday with his pants down and cell phone in hand, on our bed) He was intolerant of my daughter's politics and friends. Over the last four years he took three nice vacations with his children, not including us. He had a hot temper, wasn't always nice to the dog. He barely worked one job, I worked two. He wrecked my car, He needed to be waited on hand and foot, hogged the bed, snored, a lousy kisser and horrible in bed(seriously) left nasty skidmarks on his shorts, would not brush his teeth before coming to bed,controlled the remote, careless with my belongings, and did not keep promises. Wow, thank you ladies, I was starting to feel a little depressed. I feel so much better now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow! I'll bet you are glad to have your life back! Good for you, standing up for yourself! Maybe you are sad because things didn't turn out the way you expected. I'm surprised you were able to put up with him as long as you did. Time to start enjoying life now, girl!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Good! Keep your head up! This too shall pass.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's normal to feel sad, but you absolutely did the right thing. Good for you!
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 12:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• hugsSounds to me you did yourself and your family a favor. I bet the dogs even excited :) lol I can't stand hot tempered men. It's such a turn off! Whatever you do don't take him back!!!! he'll get worse. Proud of you WOMAN!!!!! Kudos for you :)))))

buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 12:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I didn't mean good that you feel sad. I meant good that you kicked him out. Just wanted to make that clear.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Isnt it amazing how we can go into a relationship seeing things one way and then a little while later,,seeing them so different? I mean who knew he had skid marks, right? Who would know that during dating. A guy would not show skid marks during the dating phase. How the hell could we possibly know they do skid marks? We might know they snore, dont brush teeth before bed, are lousy at kissing,,,but skid marks! Who knew? As a single mom,,this kind of stuff scares me to death. You are doing the right thing and congrats on your huge accomplishment today!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• congratulations on taking your life back! it's always sad when things don't work out, especially considering the amount of time you invested, but take comfort in the fact that you did everything you could, and it wasn't your fault. you put up with more than many would! you made the right call, and even if you feel sad right now, it'll pass and you'll be better off!
    egregiousgirl

Answer by egregiousgirl at 1:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• DAM GIRL DO U WANT TO COME TELL MY OFF TOO BECOUSE MY HUBBY IS THE SAME WAY !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Wooo...I take it the cons out weighed the pro's...lol. Good for you, you definitely did the right think, he sounds like he was a hot mess! Ha ha and like the other posters said, now you can start enjoying life. Take some time for you now...and he best part, you don't have to do his laundry..NO MORE SKID MARKS!!!! gross!!!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• sometimes writing it all out makes it so much better!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2010