OMG SHE's HOW OLD? adult content

So I got a little something to share with the moms out there. My friends kid is having sex shes 12 years old! Not kidding! She acually had the nerve to tell me it was no big deal and everybody needs to get over it. What a brat right? I was soooo upset with her actions and told her that she's going to get knocked up and do you know what she told me? Oh if it happens I'm going to let you take it cause I know you love kids. Yes she was serious! I don't like violence towards kids, but i really wanted to slap her silly.
Get this.... She gets grounded right. Guess how long? ONE month and she got everything back. She tells me I need to grow up lol and get on with life and I'm being immature about it. Meaning no one should be upset with her. it her body! WTF! Any thoughts on helping this child cause the parents want to give up on her, But I don't!

buggin4baby

Asked by buggin4baby at 12:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• How old is her partner? Is the activity illegal? If the parents are allowing it, maybe you can report it to CPS for negligence, or to the police if it is illegal age wise.
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 12:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• WOW! There's not really much you can do as far as discipline. But you can educate her. Show her videos/pamplets on STD's. Maybe even take her to a doctor to talk about it. It may help, but if not there's not anything you can do. For what it's worth, I think she's lucky to have you there for her.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Honestly this doesn't surprise me. We have schools teaching kids in sex ed that only they can decide when they are ready to have sex, and to just use a condom. If we say that it is best to abstain until marriage, we are old fashioned or judgmental. If this 12 year old gets pregnant, she'll have an army following her around championing her right to raise a baby herself (translate = mommy pays and does it). Yes, it is sad. I hope the parents don't give up. They can ground her, give her a chance and watch her closely, then ground her again until she is of legal age. They have to at least try.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• HOLLY SHIT !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• There's not much you can do. It's sad that parents are not watching over their kids closely enough anymore. When I was 12, there was no possiblity of having sex, because my parents knew where I was at all times.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:06 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Wow. Try and find a camp for her that is for girls in her position. And dear god do your best to find a book purely on sexually transmitted diseases WITH PICTURES. Then sit her down and say "I understand you're mature for your age and I want you to know the facts about sex" let her ask you any questions and make her she knows Damn well that over 90% of sexually active people have HPV and there are two kinds- warts or cancer. I happen to have it and its the cancerous kind. My whole life I wanted to be nothing but a mom and now my chances of having lots of happy healthy children is threatened because I slept with ONE ignorant ass hole who also gave me chlamydia and when I told him we had it he didn't even know if it was curable. I'm not even joking, sure her pictures of the nasty diseases her "boyfriend" could be giving her every time they have sex
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 1:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Sorry about the typos, that shit makes me mad.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 1:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Truly educating her may be the only way you can help her.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Oh wow. First of all I give you major kuddos for wanting to help her!! I wouldn't know what to do I would freak! I was 15 when I started having sex but it was ahuge deal to me. I was scared and everything. Even 15 was way to young and I got knocked up at 16. My parents were disappointed but stood by me. Thank God. I also didn't have that type of "who cares" attitude though. I would say leave a new born in her care for a couple of days and don't help her with anything, lol maybe that will change her mind. Or take her to get a movie about live births and how painful it is. I hope she gets her head on straight. And if you can't level with her at least teach her about stds and safe sex. If someone one wants to have sex they will find a way to do it. Good luck!
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I remember a mom on here saying when she found out her child was sexually active, not only was she grounded for a looooong time but she also had to write several research papers on all the different stds out there. I thought that was a pretty creative and educational way to deal with the situation. I am amazed at the casualness of kids and random sex that goes on now.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2010