What would go through your head if your husband/SO said this to you?

If it came to the point where we can not financially survive to live in our apartment then we may have to do other options, like send me and our son back to NJ(which is where I am from) and he would stay here in TX, because he still has a job. I do need to get a job, but if I'm not able to find one this is what would happen. He told me he would not go back to NJ with me because he does not want to live there. Logically I could see his point, but on a personal level, this made me feel like he would sacrafice me and our son just because he didn't want to live somewhere or because we are having money problems.

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Family sticks together.
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 1:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• FAMILY COMES FIRST !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My husband has always lived somewhere else so perhaps i am biased.

But as long as he remains faithful and was sending the bulk of his paycheck home to me i wouldn't care. Well, okay yea i'd care. but not like because i was offended or anything. i'd just miss him. like i do now.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It would hurt my feelings if my husband said that to me. I would feel not importaint in his life and I would wonder why he would be ok sending his son far away and not see him every day, Family takes care of family.
    Morita-Michelle

Answer by Morita-Michelle at 1:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Exactly, you two need to stick together during the tough times. There are other things that you can do, get rid of cell phones or cable or budget the groceries and use less public service if possible. Are you trying to find a job..any job..just to get some extra income to help out. If he is willing to just send you home, then maybe it's time for a change for you and your child. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 1:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't be okay with it, that's for sure. I would also keep in mind that men think logically and women think emotionally. He's just thinking about how all of you could make ends meet. I'm sure he wouldn't be happily sending you and your son away, but doing what he felt was best for all of you. Guys suck with wording at times. He should have said it differently and not make it come across so harsh. Talk to him about it if it's bothering you that much.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Family sticks together no matter what. Maybe he is upset that you are saying you would just leave and go to another state.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Ouch! That would hurt. I agree with the pp's. Family sticks together, no matter what.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't get it, if you go to NJ, and he stays in Tx, he still has to have a place to stay right? So what difference does it make if you & you son are with him? Besides, you'd be paying 2 of everything (even if you stay with family I'm assuming you'd have to pitch in some money). My husband is working out of state right now and it sucks! We miss each other & of course he misses the kids.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't think that is what he really wants to do. If it came do to it he would probably stay with friends, but I doubt they would accept all of us. He also didn't mention if we would still be together if that were to happen. And yes I have filled out apps everywhere, including places like McDonald's, Wal mart etc. I also have to find night time hours because we have no one to watch our son during the day, so I would have to be here those hours. Right now we are ok, but we are worried about the months a head, if something will come my way.
    Cappy1979

Comment by Cappy1979 (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010