Does anyones teeanage daughter think they know it all?

Everything i say she argues with me!

loveit24

Asked by loveit24 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Try the book How to Talk So Kids Will Listen, it may change your life!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• all teenagers think they know it all...that's why the teen years are the most fun for the parents(sarcasm)....she'll grow out of it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't have a teenager yet, but I have a 9 year old sister who talks to everyone like she's just so much smarter than they are. It gets old after a while. I'm not looking forward to my own kid's teenage years.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• GIRL I HAVE A DOUGHTER THAT IS 14 AND A SON THAT IS 15 IS THE SAME WAY AND GIRL I WISH I COULD KNOCK THERE HEADS OFF SOME TIMES ! L.O.L !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 1:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am glad i am not the only one going through this.
    loveit24

Comment by loveit24 (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have a senior in high school this year and sometimes it does seem like it just keeps getting more complicated. I love this kid so much, but yes sometimes it is trying..hang in there mamma
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have an 18 year old daughter, and that sweet little ballerina is now a nasty mean girl. It's like she has no common sense, and when I try to tell her something, I'm interfering because she's an adult now. I remind her she is still under my roof, but then she threatens to leave, and I can't even think of her handling her self out in the world. It is a constant worry. Wish I could help, but I can say you are not alone!!!
    mnielson

Answer by mnielson at 6:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have recently witnessed a few key instances where my 16 year old got in the real world and realized...she doesn't. There's nothing like a little life experience to make the light bulb go off!
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Welcome to what I like to call dramaville!! I went through the last 2 years being the stupidest people on the planet!! It can be very difficult, to say the least. But we, my 17 yo dd and I, have come to a place were we understand each other more. It wasn't easy. But I try, Lord do I try, to understand her "side" of things as long as she tries to understand mine. It took a long time with a lot of conversations, open and honest, and very hard conversations. But I see the exit of dramaville in the near future. Just in time for her 13 yo sister it enter!!
    But you are not alone!!! By no means!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm not there yet but when I am I intend to actually listen to my kid. I hate the attitude that teens are just know-it-alls who actually know nothing. There are lots of smart teens out there and many of them are smarter than their parents. I knew as a teen that I was smarter than my mother and I still am. I know there are ways that my son is smarter than me and he's only 4. He's very good at identifying skulls and he's good at fixing a skipping DVD so if the DVD is jumping I just give him the remote.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010