c-section

i just recently had a c-section, my second one. I have had less pain so far this time then last time... And I also have to take care of a 13 month old at the same time as my newborn. I was just wondering if just taking care of my 13 month old(20 pounds) and my newborn(9 pounds) doing just regular cleaning, like dishes, laundry(but i dont lift the baskets), pick up the floor, sweep, and just wipe down the bathroom, would that be considered too much work after a c-section? my doctor said it was okay to pick up both children just not at once.... but i dont know if the extra house work instead of someone else helping im doing it. i dont want to break open my incision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just be careful and try not to overdo it. Have DH help
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• This is a question for your doctor since we don't know about what kind of incision you had and how long ago it was ect. The World Health Center recommends waiting at least 3 years before ttc after a normal vaginal birth, longer with a c-section. It is dangerous having c-sections so close together and your doctor may have special instructions for you. You need to talk to your doctor about the dangers of having another pregnancy.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:35 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I was told not to pick up anything heavier than my newborn for six weeks.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It doesn't sound like too much, as long as there's not much lifting. Just remember too take plenty of breaks and if you start feeling sore, take the rest of the day off.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Thta does not sound like a whole bunch to me just be careful and listen to your body
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 3:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You'll be fine. You'll know if you are overdoing it (you will be really sore and your insicion area will start to hurt/burn).  My oldest was 15 months when my 2nd child was born (both c-sections) and I had no choice but to get back into things since my husband only took 2 weeks off.  Same thing after #3 when I had a 2yo and a 13 month old to take care of (who weighed a good 25+lbs by then).  I was told not to lift him but had no choice since I was home alone with them all day and he had to be put in and out of his high chair and crib.  I just figured out how to do things with minimal pain to myself.  I went right back to doing all my regular chores except carrying heavy things.

I did try and milk things when hubby was around.  He didn't want me doing too much so I'd let him do as much as he wanted.  I just had my 5th (and last) c-section on Wed.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Relax on the house work for a couple of weeks. I did the same thing. After I came home, I did too much housework. It didn't open my incision, but I took longer to heal. My body couldn't focus on healing. I am still a bit sore now and it has been three months.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 7:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Take it easy!! Unless there's a reason you have to do it all, focus on healing and getting better. Have DH/SO help you out, have friends or family come over and help you. You just had major surgery and, like everyone who has surgery, you need to rest. Don't fret if there ar dishes in the sink, a few toys of the floor, or a pile of laundry that has yet to be done. It can be done later.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010