As you grew up, was the idea of marriage an important goal to you?

Was it personally important, did you admire your parents or some other couple, or was it something you wanted to do because people get married and you didn't want to be different?

LauraMi261

Asked by LauraMi261 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I always wanted to be someone's wife not a baby mama nor did i want to be a single parent my mom raised 3 girls on her own and she worked hard so we didnt struggle or atleast see that we were struggling to make it! I never wanted to have to go thru that or for my kids to go thru that. Plus Marriage always seemed like what we were supposed to do even though many of us dont do what were supposed to do (me included) I just thought it'd be better if i were married
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 3:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am 16 marriage is actually very important to me,I am in love with my daughters dad and I would love for us to always be together,but I definatly dont want to marry young or too early,but yes it is important to me but I am not in a rush at all =]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Marriage is very important to me. My gparents have been married 50 yrs and my parents have been for 24 so its been what I look up to. My wedding is schedled for October :)
    kadens_momma_15

Answer by kadens_momma_15 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's something I've always wanted. My parents are not together, so that isn't it. I dunno, I've just ALWAYS pictured myself as a wife and mom.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• also I really admire my great uncle mark and my aunt tavias marriage they are such a beautiful couple and they raised such great kids they are a great family,and thats why I admire them
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My parent's weren't ideal. They just did not get along. To be honest, if getting married wouldn't have saved us $500 a month in car insurance we may have not got married, just lived together.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I honestly never thought about getting married when I was younger. I have thought about it with 2 of my ex SOs but it never happened it just wasnt ment to be but I dont know why so many girls dream about their weddings when they get older. It is just something that is beyond me.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes very.
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 2:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I knew I wasnt having children until I was married, and looking back I think I had that thought process because that is what I saw around me. Get your degree, get married, and have children.
    H2BPREGO

Answer by H2BPREGO at 3:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• honestly marriage and having a family has been important to me since I was a child. I always just wanted to grow up and be amommy and a wife. Not have to work and stay at home with my kids, I am married do have children but do have to work so I got everything I really wanted minus staying at home with my kids. It's somethig I gotta do though.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2010