how much does a divorce cost?

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• For a contested one or not? Some cost more than others, and when kids are present it costs more. At least it did in '99 in Ky.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A sh!t load.... I've never been divorced, but I know it's not cheap!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My divorce cost less than $200 and I didn't even go to court. We did it ourselves and had minimal costs of filing fees and a lawyer to look it over. It all worked out. Divorces can cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Depends on where u live if u have kids,houses, investments, if u
    sunkist332002

Answer by sunkist332002 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If u have a house u or him will have to buy someone out of it and give them there half and if u have kids it's child support visitation rights,medical,school,or day care depends on how old the child is or children is,
    sunkist332002

Answer by sunkist332002 at 3:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Call an attorney in your area and just ask. It depends on the state you live in and circumstances. You cannot (in most states) do it yourself if you own property or have children with your spouse. Uncontested is cheaper so if possible do a Parenting Plan with him and divide your assets before you go to a lawyer. You can use a Legal Aid lawyer if money is an issue.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have no idea. I'm sure it differs. What lawyer you go to, what/who is all involved in the divorce and what area you're in.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2010