What do I do?

Ok well my my SO left today so on November 15th I will be a single mom to wonderful little boy. How do I handle this? How am I suppose to juggle being a mom and a student and find a job to support me and my little man? All of you single moms how do you do it? I really could use some advice right now. Please be nice :)

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• You just do it. Your love for your baby will give you all the strength you need to make it through. Best of luck to you hun.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Its gonna be tough, but you'll be able to :) keep your family and friends close for support :)
    kadens_momma_15

Answer by kadens_momma_15 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If you live by family see if they will trade childcare for housework or something. You'll save tons on childcare without feeling guilty.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 2:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You can do it, Momma. It will be tough in the beginning, but stay strong.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 2:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• you can do I have been working two jobs and going to school full time and taking care of my daughter all by myself yu need a strong support system and to have made up your mind that no matter what you have to do this for not only yourslef but your child as well... keep the faith dont be afraid to ask for help and keep ya head up... *sending some strength your way*
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 3:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• you can do it especially if you dont let him run in and out your life , schools have morn. even. night and wknd online classes online will probably be best until you get everything together and if you get a sitter use that time to work it'll work out stay strong and dont let him turn your world upside down with the distraction of i wanna be there oh i dont wanna be there for you that'll ruin everything you'll stay confused up and down like a see saw .....good luck on everything
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 2:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Be prepared to lose your social life...small sarcrifices.
    ZombieHousewife

Answer by ZombieHousewife at 3:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You can do Gurl! I'm a single mom of 3.I go to school,looking for work,and I babysit my friends kids a couple days out of the week for extra money.Take a couple classes at the skool and a couple classes online so u can b with your lil one.How old is he anyways? At your school see if you can get approved for any programs for daycare if they have any and if they have any for single parents.Where I live we have a couple programs that give money you don't pay back depending how many units u take for being a single parent called EOP/CARE and they also help with skool supplies,parking permits and a few other things and also daycare on campus or off campus.Also apply for assistance like cash aid for u and ur son,gives u some extra cash till u find job. just some ideas. Good Luck..
    brokenheartmom

Answer by brokenheartmom at 11:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Thank you guys that all helps me a lot!
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010