Is anyone currently using Implanon for birth control. What method are u using?

H2BPREGO

Asked by H2BPREGO at 3:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Health

• I have Mirena so far it's awesome no periods and no babies :)
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 3:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I use implanon since mid last year, my periods have become very light and almost gone. For the first two wks that implanon was implanted I had hot and cold flashes And mood swings but after that my body got use to it and I haven't had that happen ever again. I haven't had any pregnancies or problems so I think it's great.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

•  I had the Mirena IUD for nearly 3 years and it was AWFUL (countless side effects, most of which were life-altering - and NOT in a good way)..the only good things about it were I no longer got my period after the first year of getting it and stayed baby-free! lol. When I finally decided to get rid of it, I considered the Implanon, but decided to get the Paragard (copper IUD, lasts twice as long as the Mirena, and non-hormonal). I've had it over a month now and so far, I LOVE it! If I had known about it when I got the Mirena, I'd have chosen the Paragard instead and saved myself a lot of pain, discomfort, and weight gain (just a few of the side effects I'd mentioned).

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 3:35 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have mirena, and so far so good. I'm still in the early spotting stage of it, and that part kind of sucks, but I haven't really noticed any other effects. We will see about efficacy here in about a week lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010