may be tmi but i need some help. gross and graffic!

ok so i just went to go pee and when i pulled down my panties it looked like i blew my nose in them i had ALOT of mucus and it had a some blood in it. last time i went to the docotr i was already 3 cm dilated and 40% effeaced. i am 38 weeks and scheduled to be induced on the 7th. but does this "show mean that labor will start on its own very soon. this is my second child and i really dont rememeber having this much mucus. it is so much that i had to change my underware and put a pad on not just the normal panty liner. should i call my dr and ask her it seems like this is way to much discharge but i know my water didnt break.

J_L_Fshr

Asked by J_L_Fshr at 2:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor and let them know, if your concerned, or it is ongoing. I dont think it neccesarily means you will start labor very soon, but it does mean your body is getting ready
    juicebox503

Answer by juicebox503 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I don't think you would need to call your doctor. If it has ALOT of blood, like way more blood than mucous, then I would. But, just let them know at your next appointment if you have one between now and then. i remember when that happened with my daughter. It kinda freaked me out and I called my mom. She reassured me that it was fine.
    sjparsley

Answer by sjparsley at 2:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I have had 3 kids and with my first 2 I didn't get the show until I was already in labor. With my last baby I got it about a week before I was in labor.

Why are you being induced? Can't you let the baby come on his/her own?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You could have lost your mucous plug so i would call your doc if i were you
    Anonymous

• That sounds like your mucus plug It is a good sign that you pregnancy is progressing to the labor stage.. I don't remember having the mucus plug with my first but I definetly remember with my second it was just as you discribe and it looked gross but I went into labor like a week later. GOOD LUCK
    SusanReeves

Answer by SusanReeves at 2:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i am being induced because the baby is already so big and my doctor thinks that if i wait for her to come on her own i might end up having to have c section which i want to avoid so i asker her to induce at 39 weeks. I go to the doctor tomorrow
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 2:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You could always call and talk to your doc nurse and see what they think you should do
    Anonymous

• You can lose your mucous plug more than once. Maybe all of it didnt come out. I lost mine 3 times, the first time was 38 weeks and I didnt give birth until 42 weeks! Good luck!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• So if you went before your induction date you'd try naturally then? I think I'd call the doc to see if I could get an appt to see how far you're dialted. Might give you a better idea of how long you might have to wait. Good luck.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• call your doc. that was the first sign of labor for me. my water broke later.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008