Why do men hear "single mom" and think "booty call"?

Maybe not ALL men, of course, but it seems like most men find out I am a single mom, and think that it's all fun and games. I am a Christian woman, I have a professional life, and I act like a lady, I'm not out acting like a hoochie-mama or hanging out in bars. I support myself and my children, and I treat people with respect.

Brandi61279

Asked by Brandi61279 at 3:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I have no clue. Have you tried asking them?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am passive aggressive and quit speaking to them once I am offended.
    Brandi61279

Comment by Brandi61279 (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• because you're meeting jerks! SORRY HUN
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

•  Because a lot of men are pigs. =]

The sad thing is, I'm not even single (I'm VERY happily Married) and I get hit on all the time. My Husband says they see my being Married as a "challenge"..ugh. Oh, and He says it's also because I'm a MILF - but He's biased, hehe.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 3:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Evidently you attract those kinds of men. You need to work on your vibe. Maybe a little less desperate?
    ZombieHousewife

Answer by ZombieHousewife at 3:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• because they know you put out.

and i don't mean that in a snarky kind of way. just answering the question from my POV.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm not desperate. I dont need a man. And like I said, I'm not out acting like a hoochie-mama or hanging out in bars. I go to church, I work, and I spend time with my kids.
    Brandi61279

Comment by Brandi61279 (original poster) at 3:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Then how do you meet these guys? At work? At church? If you're not looking for a date, perhaps it's best to not seem interested in anyone. If you're looking for a decent man, you should ask some people at church if they can hook you up with a nice guy.
    Honestly, I don't think any woman knows what's going on in a man's head.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• All men, unless gay think of you in a sexual manner! Whether they'll admit it or not every single man you know, w/ maybe the exception of family, guess that all depends on where you live :), has thought of you in a sexual way @ some point in time. There was a study done... a man thinks about something sexual every 19 sec, you happen to be looking good that day & standing there.... ya might get thrown into a quick fantasy. Try not to focus on the assholes, they sure can pile up some days can't they? Enjoy your kids & keep on doing what you're doing.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Because men think with their lower head!

Answer by older at 9:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010