potty training

how do i go about getting my 3 almost 4yr old to go to the bathroom. he's shown interest but not much enthusiasm once i get him in the bathroom. my husband works a lot and isn't home much and i have a 10month old to take care of as well. i would like help or maybe advise to point the way

Fushithedruid

Asked by Fushithedruid at 3:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him every hour on the hour. Don't ask if he needs to go, tell him it's time to go. You can usually count on kids having to pee first thing in the morning, 30 minutes after having a drink, around naptime and right before bed.
    ZombieHousewife

Answer by ZombieHousewife at 3:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Goodluck
    ZombieHousewife

• make it fun, lots of praise. I have yet to potty train my son he's only a year but I potty trained my girls and I cried, it was one of the hardest things, I tried diferent things, finally praise and stickers worked, We make a big deal about using the bathroom and I would take my daughters in there every 30 mins and would wait with them a little, I would encourage it took my oldest a while but once she finally peed in the toilet and noticed that it wasn't that hard or bad she would just go, pooping was a different story though that took a lot more patience. Good luck!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• we did a crash course for one of my boys when he was 3. it was a day focused on him, lots of juice boxes, a sticker chart, a potty dance, party hats...the works! we made such a big deal of it every time he went. the whole family blew noise makers, cheered, did a potty dance, and he got his sticker too! our twins were 3 or 4 months old at the time. i could not have done it without my husband there.
    now one of the twins are ready,( and i have a 2 month old!) and i have just been waiting for dh to have a free weekend!
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2010