need to cry

i messed up so bad. i was not nice to my stbx. he worked so hard, and i never appreciated it. i never did anything with him. at first we did a lot. we got married, i had a daughter and wanted to do everything with and family. he wanted to do more with us. he loves our daughter, but he wanted our time too. i also nagged a lot. i complained about our house, why everyone else had beautiful homes and we only had a ranch. well he left me for another woman who really appreciates him and loves doing things with him. it has been over a year , and i still love him. it took me this long to admit it. i just want to cry and cry and cry. i'll never get him back. this girl and him are actually great for each other. she is athletic, so likes all those sports he likes, plus she works real hard like him. i will never get over him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Too often we don't know what we have until it's too late...I'm very sorry this is the case for you. Go ahead and cry, don't hold it in. Holding it in does not good for anyone, especially you. And then, once you've mourned the loss, try to pick yourself up and learn from your mistakes. Make sure you give your next relationship the best of you...and make sure you give *yourself* the best of you too.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I'm so sorry to hear about that, I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be for you! If you need someone to talk to, feel free to send me a message!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Something very similar happened to me with my ex husband. I trully didn't realize how good of a man he was until someone else had him. It was so hard on me. I cried so hard and a lot of times I ended up on the floor just soaking. They were trully ment for each other becasue she made him happy. It eventually went away after I found happiness myself. I'm happier now that I ever was with him. But it's a horrible feeling to have someone leave you and then you realize you had a big part in it. i learned from it and I wont ever let it happen again. People make mistakes. Message me if you want to talk.
    Shulizboo

Answer by Shulizboo at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time with this breakup.
    I have always told myself that a relationship wasn't worthwhile unless I walked away from it learning a lesson. Even a hard lesson! It sounds like you have a lot of regrets of things you wish you would have done differently in your relationship. Learn from those mistakes and do it right next time.
    You and your ex have a lot of history, and a huge connection through your daughter. I'm sure that for your daughter's sake you want to maintain a good relationship with him (even if it's not romantic). If you truly care about him, be happy knowing that he is taken care of and happy. You will be ok. It will take time, but hearts do heal.
    Annie_78

Answer by Annie_78 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well then cry if you need it do it is better,then just keeping it inside Sorry to hear that from you,you did wrong by not appreciating him well now he got someone else,I'm not trying to be or sound mean is just that it hurts me,most of us girl and boys don't appreciate each other,or we are not thankful for the things we have,I wish my husband gave us a place to live,even if it was a ugly cheap apartment,even if I know I'm this preppy girl,but I will love to be with him,and for him to spend time with us,But you learn from mistakes,let him know how you feel,and dont let another man go no more if hes good ok take care God bless.

Anonymous

• Get your best dress on honey, call some girlfriends and get out of that house. You need to put your freaking dress on!
    It's time to start dating. Even if you aren't interested in dating, it is good for your self esteem. It will help you figure out what you need in a partner rather than sitting at home crying over your ex.
    Meet someone new! You can start over. You will find love again!
    RenDanielle

Answer by RenDanielle at 4:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Get over yourself. You made mistakes, you can learn from them. Become the woman you want to be. You will be deserving of a loving, appreciative man. You will get there if you put in the effort. I commend you for being able to understand what drove him away. You are half way to making things right by knowing what you need to change. Don't dwell on the past. You don't deserve to pay for those mistakes for the rest of your life. You're human.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• let me get this straight he CHEATED??? right? your better off without him.
    christyedw

Answer by christyedw at 4:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008