What could this be?

My son's had diarreah for the last 3 days, the tip of his penis is like bright red, it just started and we've put desitin on it, could this be a rash? could it lead to infection? He's not circumcised. Any advice would be appreciated.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I would take him in to a doctor, but until then, you can try a bath with a little baking soda in the water. My DD had a little bit of red in her who ha... and the doctor said it was prolly caused from not rinsing the soap off of her well enough, and to put baking soda in her bath.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• try a+d.... for his penis. that stuff is amazing....

does he have a fever or anything?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• niacin. . .sorry NYSTATIN (nye STAT in) is an antifungal medicine. It is used to treat certain kinds of fungal or yeast infections of the skin.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• no, no fever just diarreah. but he's in pain, everytime I wipe he screams, it's spreaded to his balls and his butt. I just want to make sure he's not gonna get an infection.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 4:36 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would try some straight niacin cream. . . and definitely try the Baking Soda bath. . . GL As far as the diarrhea I would consult your Pediatrician, but pedialite should be ok. . . My DD dehydrated a lot and we were told to have the on pedialite most regularly starting at 2 mo. old. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• oh ok thanks ladies!
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 6:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 6:39 AM on Jul. 18, 2010