Why did you decide to circumcise or not to circumcise your son?

My surviving twin son was born at 24 weeks so he was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months. When he got out we were told that he would have to wait to be a year old and go under anesthesia to get him circumcised, after all that my son has been through I didn't want to put him through any more pain, one of my biggest concerns was that it also says in the bible that all males were cirumcised, I thought that if my son didn't get circumcised that he'd be denied from heaven, after talking to my pastor he said that although people did that for religious beliefs that God would not look down and judge my son by the extra skin on his penis but by his actions, his choices and weather he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior. After that we decided against it. Why did you chose to, or chose not to?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• we did not circumcise our boys. i think God made them perfect just the way they are.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• well i only have a girl so far, but when i was preg & didnt know what we were having we talked about this. my SO isnt circumcised and he hates it. i dont mind at all. i kind of left it up to him to decide what we'd do. he said hed rather circumcise if we had a boy. a self conscious thing i think....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We wanted the choice to have it done left up to him.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 4:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yeah, my hubby isn't either and he hated it growing up, I didn't mind it either, it really makes no difference to me. He was just self cautious about it, we had originally planned on getting my twins circumcised but one of them passed away and it was too late to circumcise my surviving twin son, so we passed on it. I'm pregnant with a boy and I don't think we want to circumcise him either, I haven't really found a super good reason to, it's not a health risk either so I don't really want to.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 4:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• For biblical and sanitary reasons, I had both my sons circumcised.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I did not because it was not necessary, that foreskin was put there for a reason.

Answer by older at 9:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We decided against it because it is unneccessary. There is no medical reason to have it done. So we choose to leave our son intact.

We are athiests so religion was never considered in our decision.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I feel that it is unnecessary, and that it's not my place to make that decision. DH did want to have DS circumcised, but but I would not allow it. If he chooses to do so when he is old enough to make the decision for himself, I will fully support him.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• All 3 of mine are not. My hubs was against it, and I agreed with him. I had read many articles on it and I really could not see a need to have it done. In fact the Pediatrician on call in the hospital told me I made a wise choice, he himself did not believe in it and he never had it done on his 4 children-- and they grew into adulthood with no problems.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I chose to get it done for my son because i have a friend that said she had wished she had done it to her 2 boys because of the problems she is encountering with them.
    willysmama

Answer by willysmama at 11:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2010