would you leave???

your SO if they didnt want to marry you and you felt like you all should be at that point? Any things that would sway your decision one way or another?

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 4:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• yes.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Wel if I absolutely knew that there was no chance of us getting married not even in the future then yes I'd consider it, if I already had kids with him, I probably would not, we already have a child together. My husband and I were together for 6 years before we married, we've been married for a little over a year and we have 4 children together working on baby #5. Obviously I wanted to marry him, I love him and hes the father of my children but it took a while for him to even consider it, one time when I was talking about it he got up and started packing his clothes.....he just wasn't ready! I didn't push it any further. I did tell him that eventually I wanted to marry him and he said he did too but not at that time, we both kinda waited and it happened at a perfect time, wouldn't change it for anything. Talk to him and see if it's within your future. Good luck.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• He says its in the future but Im just like how far in the future he wants all the benefits of being married but i cant have his last name so its frustrating to me..kids living together joint account everything but same last name...
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 4:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes. I don't believe in living with someone, providing the benefits of a wife, without the security. When a man is ready to commit, he'll respect me enough to propose marriage.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Let him know that, I know alot of people who have done that also, joint accounts and stuff and they have ende up married but let him know how important it is to you. I was super independent before I married my husband, yes we lived together and stuff but eveythign that was mine was in my name, cars, bills and all. I love my husband and have his last name but I just couldn't give up my last name so I have both, his is first though then mine, I was scared of losing that independence. He gets a little bothered by it. but yeah just talk to him and let him know, the last thing you wanna do is pressure him though, alot of men are scared of marriage as it is, pressuring him is not gonna make him wanna do it any sooner.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Currently we dont have joint accounts our son isnt here yet and i have my own bills in my name but he wants us to all move in together both names on the lease bills in our names a new car etc... that bothers me.. he knows how i feel about marriage. So i have given him 1 yr from the day i give birth to my son to be ready or I will leave. everybody thinks im crazy cuz he so nice n take care of my daughter thats not his and blah blah blah but im not about to keep doing this. its like working 40 hrs and not getting a benefits package or being paid at all... does that make sense? I want more for myself and my kids.
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 5:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• ohh yeah completely, I mean especially if your having his child now. Yeah, I wouldn't allow him to be on anything unless there was that commitment, you are considered a single person until your married and so he shouldn't have those benefits, Thats why I had all my bills and all my stuff in my name, after we got married then thats when we I included him. Marriage is important to me, I didn't just wana be his girlfriend/baby's mom. I hope he gets it together and marries you!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• He better or Ima leave I dont want to be like a choice loose me or marry me but at the same time what other options do i have?
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 5:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am the one who does not want to get married and why because its not in the cards for me maybe you should ask him if he wants to marry you or more like when, GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yes
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 8:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2010