Any ideas for Halloween treats for a 2nd grade class of 16 children?

Hi, I was going to make some treat bags for my son's second grade class for Halloween...but I wanted to make some that didn't have any candy in them so other mom's wouldn't get upset. I was thinking maybe some pencils, erasors...and then I'm lost...any ideas?

raybell

Asked by raybell at 2:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• the dollar store has packages of 8 pks of crayons... i think 5 packs of 8 crayons for $1... they also have halloween themed fun pads - you know the kind with dot to dots and mazes.. they come 6 pads for a buck. :) anyway - it will excercise their brains and, hey, what kid doesnt like crayons?

i concur BTW - oriental trading company is cool. they have big lots. i'd recommend buying something that your kid might use in their birthday treat bags too and store away the extras til birthday time. that way you dont have to pay for shipping twice. I know - i'm cheap!
    amkarvelis

Answer by amkarvelis at 12:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would go to the party section of your local store, where they have party favors, and look to see what they have there. Rings, whistles, miniature yo-yos ... second graders aren't usually too picky. Great idea! Good luck.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 3:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• maybe put a healthy snack in it like granola bar or something of that sort.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 3:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Have you looked at Oriental trading's website? I am on their mailing list and got a catalog the other day. It was full of Halloween toys (pretty inexpensive). I'm planning to order some for my son's class from them.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• spiderYou do have a good idea, if you want to add a healthy snack go for it have your child help you decide what he would like, they would know what the kids don't like to eat.  Just remind him that you do not want to have too many sweets, cause that's what they'll have most of the day and night

Anonymous