What is your favorite charity?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 6:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Schriner's Hospitals are amazing, they do all the surgeries and doctors visits at no cost to the family. Amazing! My little sis had back surgery through them, and they are wonderful! A real life saver. And I love the ASPCA it's great what they do for animals :)
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 7:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• There are a few that I like, but one of my favorites is Habitat for Humanity. I think it's a wonderful way to help people get back on their feet, while also giving them the dignity to be able to help themselves, and to also require them to help other people who need it, as well (instead of saying, well, I was on hard times, but now I'm fine, the rest of you all can fend for yourselves...).

I think it's a wonderful combination of compassion and the adage of "give a man a fish, and he eats for a day, give a man a fishing pole and he eats for life..."
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• March of Dimes and Make a Wish!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• any charity for a children's hospital!

Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 6:09 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my DD was born with two malformations and has at least two more conditions on top of those. . . I definitely go for the children's charities. . . :) But I also like the ones for ASPCA and WWF
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 6:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• The cancer foundation.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Autism Speaks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• National Fragile X Foundation, mainly because all three of my children have Fragile-X Syndrome....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2010