anyone dealing with PPD right now?

I just had a baby (my 5th and last) on Wednesday and I'm bad off right now. I suffer from depression normally so they gave me this big schpiel in the hospital about signs of PPD and postpartum psychosis (or whatever it's called).

I had a complete meltdown today because my pain pills (had a c-section) are not working at all so I'm in constant pain and can't do anything for the baby. I just sat there crying into my husband's chest for a good 2 hours. It was awful. Of course it's the weekend so I can't get a hold of my doctor. I have an appt. tomorrow at 10am to get my staples out but I feel like crap and I want to relax and enjoy my new baby but all I can do is cry.
Anyone else having a bad time this weekend?

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 6:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I also had problems with depression before I ever had kids. I just had twins (my 3rd and 4th babies)... they are 8 weeks old. And for the last few weeks my depression has definitely gotten worse. At least your husband is there for you.... my fiance helps with the kids but he is not the comforting type. So I pretty much feel like I have no one to talk to and no one who cares how I feel or what I'm going through right now. I could be sitting on the couch crying my eyes out and he would walk right by and act like he doesn't even notice. I think it makes him feel uncomfortable b/c he doesn't really know what to do or say.... but still. I know he doesn't mean to make make me feel like he doesn't care but that's how it seems to me when he acts like that. Ok, I'm done venting : )

I don't really have any advice for you but I hope you feel better soon.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• maybe its the fact that your hormones are still high, you just had a baby and your prob still in alot of pain not to mention you have other children to care for as well. Try to take it easy and see if your hubby can take on a few extra things for you right now so you can spend time with your baby and until you can see your doctor.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• He's already been doing it all.  He's been great and sat there and listened to me cry and have this breakdown for 2 hours and just held me until it was over and I had calmed down.  Don't know what I would do without him.  The only time I feel relaxed and calm is when I'm holding the baby.  I feel bad for my husband because I keep snatching him away and I know my husband wants to bond with him.  We realized yesterday that the baby hadn't heard my husband's voice and didn't recognize him because dh lived in another state the last 3 months and was barely around during the 2nd trimester because of work.  So he's trying to bond but I want the baby because I feel better with him in my arms.  It actually makes the pain less. 

I'm feeling a little crazy right now...it's a different crazy than my usual and that scares me.

justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 6:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm so sorry hun. I wish there was something I could do to take it all away for you. Hang in there babe, and I don't think your hubby minds you sneaking the baby away from him...he sounds great and he and the baby will get to know eachother. You take care of getting you better first, and the rest will all fall into place. Good luck! Sending lots of hugs and kisses your way!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 7:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2010