Can I still get pregnant? Should I?

So, a few things. I am 23 and just had surgery to remove severe endometriosis but my problems aren't going away. My doctor believes it is ovarian cancer now because I am progressively getting worse. I've got a darling 18 mo DD, but am heartbroken at the thought of a full hysterectomy before we can have more.

So I am wondering... is it possible to get pregnant while suffering from ovarian cancer? I know this sounds COMPLETELY crazy, but I will feel silly if I don't try now, and wish I had later. I mean, can women carry while cancerous? Does it give the baby cancer? Is it life threatening to either?

I am hoping I can try to like get pregnant tomorrow, have 1 more baby, and then have everything removed and do the chemotherapy process if needed when we are done.

Is this possible? Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone know anything about it? I tried to Google it but that wasn't a lot of help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i know someone that rid herself of ovarian cancer by seeing a homeopath. personally, i would not try to get pregnant while undergoing treatment for cancer, your body needs to put all of its healthy strong energy into you right now, and not on building a new baby. you could try a second opinion on the cancer though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• sounds like questions to ask your doctor. I'm sorry to hear about everything you are going through.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You could freeze your eggs and use a surrogate for future children. No offense at all here, but you would feel silly if u didnt try, but you'd probably feel regret if you die in the process and leave behind and baby growing inside of you, your current child and your partner. Your health should come first.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2010