I would like to clean out my flower bed, but I don't know which are flowers and which are weeds? How can I tell which ones are weeds to pull out?

Some are wild flowers and some are perennial.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 9:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• To me, a weed is ANY unwanted plant. So if you do not like something then pull it out!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pull them all out and replant the entire thing. :D
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• some 'wild' flowers are weeds. if you like the look of the wild flowers, keep them, or maybe pull some, for crowd-control. when a bed is overpopulated with these kinds of flowers, some will die out, while others strive. if you like a more stuctured look, pull them all, and start over. if the perennials are healthy and their spot is good, leave them. if you need to replace some, or add to it, do so. personally, i like perennials to be in certain areas only..and annuals to be in easy-to-reach spots, since you have to replant them seasonally.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Is there a garden center near by that can identify them for you? If so, take a stalk of each one you don't know, with a flower if possible, and they could help you. You can do some research online too, but it takes a little more time. I have done it by Googling "pictures of weeds............." making the last word my state. Also, there are good books at the library that could help.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010