Do you use coupons to buy your grocery list?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• A lot of times I do, but not all the time.

It's a mixed blessing, because I live overseas, so I can use coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date, but I don't have things like the local papers or anything where I can get coupons, and I can only use them at the commissary. Ours is pretty small and we don't always have the items that are on the coupon, and I have NO idea how to use Japanese coupons (or if they even have them...)

When we live in the States I use them a decent amount. My brother in law was laughing at me once, I spent like 30 minutes going through coupons. But, when I went to the store, I saved like $25 in coupons. LOL - he was with me, and when he saw that, he stopped laughing about them and now he uses them, too (lol - when he shops and doesn't just go to my inlaw's house for dinner....)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I use coupons if they are for items I always buy...........not for items that would be something new to us (unless I had wanted to try it anyway). I feel using coupons for any old thing just because I have one costs me more. I also use the coupons that our grocery store and drugstore give out ocassionally. Love those!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I use coupons whenever possible.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I use coupons all the time. Coupons from the sunday paper, Walmarts magazine called all you has coupons. Kroger will send coupons I also use and printable coupons and download to card. I save about a $100.00 a week using coupons with the sale ad so it pay to use them if have the time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i clip them and keep them, and use them when I find name brand things on clearanc.e
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have been shopping with coupons for 7 years, using them every trip to get food. Typically I save 100 a week with store savings and using double/triple coupons. I have found the best way to use them is to buy a big photo album with 3 slots per side. If you typically use one grocery store try to make notes in the slots isle by isle the way you tend to walk the store. Saves so much time. I.E. keep drinks together, snack food, cereal items, canned stuff, etc. Makes it easier too when you are filing your new coupons. Hope this helps!
    mamaof2becka

Answer by mamaof2becka at 4:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes I always have a large stack of coupons at the checkout line. I am used to getting dirty looks...at least I am saving money and not flushing it down the drain :-) Every dollar does add up with today economy. I make an extra payment on my utilities with the money I am saving each month.
    jddrake26

Answer by jddrake26 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• When I find some that I will actually use, yes. Even if I only save $0.50 per checkout, that's still saving something, IMO.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2010