reason WHY i wont circumsize ... warning graphic adult content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k6dWrtUDg0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I actually watched the video my son isn't circumcised and I am not circumcising my son I am pregnant with right now. I don't want anyone to think that I am judging their parenting choice I just can't do it. I really can't wrap my mind around why so many people feel this is ok and that the baby feels nothing that poor baby's screams were so bad I had to turn down the computer to just get through the video. I just can't see this anymore that giving my daughter boob implants as an infant because it would look better. I don't see why we can't circumcise a boy with no choice for him but you can't tattoo a baby or circumcise a girl (not that I would want to).

nautired

Answer by nautired at 1:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have seen this procedure done many times, it is cruel and unnecessary, good for you and your child.

Answer by older at 9:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I"m not going to watch that video, because I imagine a child is being "butchered". I'm a nurse and I worked in the nursery before becoming pregnant for about....oh, maybe 3 years. I helped with a lot of circs. I chose my pediatrician based in part, on his technique with circs. (I also appreciated his knowledge of breastfeeding and of emergency procedures). And he turned out to be a great doc in every way.

If you are thinking of circumcision, do your homework!!!! Ask docs about their technique, ask THE NURSES about specific docs technique. Do NOT circ a child if you have any doubts about it. You can't undo it once it's done.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• id never cut my child- i have girls thankfully but i am def. pro skin, my hubby is uncut and well no issues at all :) just happy i had girls!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 9:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm Jewish so circumcision is mandatory. If it was okay for Abraham, it'll be okay for my son.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My husband and I had a conversation the other night about circumcision. We did circumcise our son, something we both regret. We were young and uneducated about the subject. Our Dr. even tried to tell us before hand that it was a completely unnecessary procedure and that there are no known benefits. I was in the room with my son when it was done and I vowed if I ever had another boy I would not put them through that pain for a cosmetic surgery.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am not going to watch the video, I can just imagine what it shows. I have three boys, and they are all uncircumcised. And if I did happen to have any more children, and they were boys, I wouldnt circ them either.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Wouldn't be a choice of mine. Just the thought of it......
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had both of my sons circumcised & they both slept through the whole procedure. The Dr. put a good amount of numbing cream on them & let it work for a while before starting. My 19 yr old said he's very glad we had him done & he helped us make the decision to have our youngest done. It is, however, a personal choice for parents to make for their own sons. Having it done doesn't make for bad parenting as would it to not have it done.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have a question, why dont they put these kids to sleep while they do this? I dont mind circumcision at all but dont you think they could knock the kid out while it happens? If we do decide to so this they our kid will be put to sleep while it happens. I wont have my kid awake while he is being cut.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 12:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2010