Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can I get through the news that the county is terminating my rights?

the county just informed me that they are terminating my rights and my kids are being adopted out and it hurts like hell!! I dont know what to do I have a lawyer fighting it but I dont know how good its going to do. I seriously need some advice.

Answer Question

Asked by candi435914 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • ? i'm confused. I think you need to tell us why

    Answer by mommom2000 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • bc three of my children are displaying behavior that is under a physcologist care and they dont think that I can keep them safe.

    Comment by candi435914 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Try to find someone you can talk to.........a counselor, a pastor, a good friend. I don't know if you will see the children ocassionally, but you might take a parenting course too.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Ive taking parenting courses taked to alot of people cried and cried Im in the state of depression now I just dont know what else to do I just cant live w/out my kids.

    Comment by candi435914 (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • I would just keep being strong for kids and fight andfight and make sure you are getting support throughout. Sorry you are going through this.

    Answer by keyaziz at 9:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Why do they not think you can keep your children safe? Did you do everything you were asked to do in your family plan when your children were initially removed from your home?

    There are plenty of children out there that have psychological issues and are in treatment, but they are not removed from their homes & their parents' rights are not terminated. There must be much more going on here than psychological issues. The primary goal of the fostercare system is reunification, so if the goal has changed, then something very serious must have happened.

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • I think that you need to pray! But the county thinks that you are unfit for a reason, and you must have done something to make them think so, so that is what you need to work on!

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • You just have to be strong. And keep fighting for them.

    Answer by Katt709 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • they think that somone molested them. They know I've been doing EVERYTHING that I was suppose to do in order to get them back but bc of this new discovery they think that I wont be able to keep them safe.

    Comment by candi435914 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Are you giving up? Good either way think about your children they need you not to give up and while this is going on you should also ask them what else can you do? Maybe even look for another Guardian ad lit-em to help you figure out what else to do talk to anyone who specializes in this and make them independent of what you already have call and ask other people for advice as well get names take numbers and call Rainn to help your children anyone who can help you keep them and while your doing this just think about how you can help them come home. GL Momma


    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.