Is it just me? Or.....

Do you see that cars are going to NOT solve this oil, green, change movement we are supposed -to-be undertaking...

I'd walk or cab, or bus,never bothered me in the least. Yes for anything.....groceries, dr.s, yard sales(I'd just walk) huh, silly me

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 9:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Travel

• well, I am about to have my 5th child, and we are military, we have to travel thousands of miles every two years, plus we live about 20 mins driving from post, and my hubby has to be at work at 5 AM, he would have to leave by 3 am just to get there in time, and I cannot poissibly walk 13 miles to the closest store with a 7, 4, 3, and 1 year ols while prego, so that is just silly!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• That many children and that far from food. Huh? I am stunned it's not made closer for T H E M I L I T A R Y
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• we live where there are no buses and the nearest grocery store or much of anything at all for that matter is about 10 miles
    there is NO way I'm taking a 20 mile hike for groceries or whatever...and NO I am NOT going to pay for a cab either
    our cars are paid in full so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• True this would be very difficult for some to do any walking at all to get food, I was there also in my first marriage, child life. But what I mean is isn't it strange how this country is so locked into it's own trap of oil, gas etc, and nobody seems to be changing any lifestyle ideas, (not that women can with children) but the ideas from scientists aren't made available or accessible or cheaply enough....
    That is what is mismanaged
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2010