Insurance-pregnancy ?

Me and my husband really want to ttc soon, he doesn't get insurance at his new job for another 3 months. My question is, would it be considered pre-existing if we got preggo before the insurance was available? Or wasn't there a law past that made pregnancy not considered pre-exisiting and it would be covered?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I went on my husband's insurance after I was pregnant (I'd had my own through my job, but I quit a short time into my pregnancy), when I was about 6 months. For us, it was not considered a pre existing condition and they picked up all the expenses, but I'm not sure if all insurances are the same or what the legal requirements for insurance are.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I was pregnant when my husband first started his job. The insurance took me without any problems.
    willysmama

Answer by willysmama at 11:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We had the same question last year (or 2 years ago). Pregnancy is no longer a pre-existing condition and they must cover you. (Congratulations!!!!)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010