Does Hollywood ruin our country?

Are all those ********STARS*********** going overboard for gaining movie momentum, or are we all supposed to suck up to media??

Too much money control is handed to them, wonder why/

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 10:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• probably no worse than non-working americans ruin our country...at least they are working and making their money instead of having it handed to them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Acting isn't work. It's pleasure. Oh, work in the bible, for women is considered being in the home. Don't know why people would ever have money handed to them. If it's legal , it's not a bad thing.
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Lol, coffeeyum, are you a bit jealous? Acting is work. Actors/Actresses have to be on the set anywhere from 10-16 hours a day while they shoot. There lives are no longer their own. Anywhere they go they are subject to papparazzi and the public asking for autographs. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like all actors but there are some good ones out there that use their time and money to help other people. Do you like watching tv, movies? We can't have those without actors. If you don't watch tv and movies then do you like cafemom? Cafemom was started by an actor.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am never jealous, to answer honestly. There. I answered. But it isn't about the actors, I am just asking why is it they don't pay tax? Are they scared, just avoiding? Seems they use systems and it is drifted towards those who don't get involved with their lives. NO NO I don't desire to act, so don't put words in my mouth.>>>>> typical
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• He just happened to be an actor, it wasn't as though it is the all in all purpose. Media is media. I type. that doesn't mean I want to act, I use this cafe' ' that doesn't mean I don't want to pay tax. All in the world are supposed to . . . why don't they is the Q.
    coffeeyum

Comment by coffeeyum (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I wasn't putting words into your mouth, I was asking you a question. As far as taxes go, actors pay taxes too unless they don't pay in which they will be hunted down by the IRS and made to pay.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010