Are you good at organizing the stuff in your home?

When it comes to decluttering your home do you have nifty ways to make sure everything is in its proper place. Do you come up with clever ways to organize papers, books, kitchen gadgets, etc and dealing with limited draw space and closet space. Love to know.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• Yep. It's called OCD. lol. Clutter makes me feel claustrophobic and anxious. I have organized everything since before I can remember. My mom has stories that I can barely or not at all remember.

I have a tendency to get rid of things I haven't used in awhile and then wonder where I've put them...only to realize I took it to Goodwill or Christian Ministry for donation and forgot about it.

I have a caddy for my most often used kitchen utensils. Salt and pepper are beside it. I have a roatating spice rack that holds the most used spices. The others are in a smaller cabinet., along with extracts. I have all the beverage items together near the stove/coffee maker (like tea bags, coffee, filters, etc.). Baking items are all kept together, except flour and sugar which are in canisters on the counter. Canned goods are seperate from beans, rice and pasta. I keep all of the wraps and storage bags in a bin.
    cont.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• At home, no, I suck at keeping everything organized. At work, my personality changes to type A when I am at work and everything is in its place.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have lots of medical parts and supplies coming in. parts galore! it starts out all orderly, and then I have to go back and put it right cause just using stuff at the rapid fire rate around here~I let things get out of place and then have to retidy almost daily.

I put systems together. i think laundry management, food management, toy, school and art, appt management (I also have staff management with RN doing shifts). Everybody has to do one system...mine..ok, the house ways and if I say stop and let put the house together, they know what to do.

The office is my hardest place. Each kid has an in tin~stuff I have to save or file when I get to it. I have Ross cloth containers for saving their stuff too. I have some stick up plastic files I use to put bills to be paid in. A place for super important stuff i have to deal with....OK my office is mess...

surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• All breakfast and snack items are kept together in the cabient above the toaster. I have lesser used items in highest and lowest cabinets toward the back.

I have a box with three levels to sort papers and incoming bills from outgoing ones. I have a shelf devoted to that along with envelopes and stamps, etc.

I just try to keep everything together that I use together. I like to keep things stored near where I will be using them so that there is no need to search or run around the house to collect things. If items are small I will find a suitably sized container to keep them in so that I won't be digging through a drawer for them. I have file boxes for important papers and documents. If I find items somewhere where it has no use I will try to find somewhere else for it.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:06 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• OMG I suck! Any one here would be think of me as a slob if they saw my bedroom right now. I am so desperate for help. I really need my dh to step up but after 14 years I realize the odds of getting some help r slim!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010