WALKING TO LOSE WEIGHT

HOW FAR DO YOU HAVE TO WALK AND FOR HOW LONG EACH TIME SO YOU CAN SEE RESULTS?

ELIZABETHSMO902

Asked by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• if it's just a slow stroll, you wont burn many calories. How much you weigh makes a difference too. Heavier people burn more calories when they walk because the body uses up more energy to carry their weight. If you want to burn a good bit of calories from walking, pick up the pace & walk for one hour. You could burn up to 500 calories if you walk real fast, or up hill...or throw in a jog here & there like the pp does.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:52 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• about 30min but i add a lil running in there not a lot just about 10 min
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I walk about three miles three days a week.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• To see results, 6 miles or more at a rapid pace, you can start with less than that and work your way up there.

Answer by older at 10:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• great question and great answers.... would love to join a group on here talking about healthy life...... i'm struggling with being 40 and first time worrying about massive weight gain.... need to retrain my eating and exercising..... HELP
    tabby1catt

Answer by tabby1catt at 10:56 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I lost a very small amount of weight after my 2nd baby by walking 3-4 miles (and it was pushing a double stroller too!). My metabolism is pretty slow, and it just wasn't enough for me. I didn't really start losing until I started running and doing vigorous aerobic cardiovascular and interval working out. Walking is definitely better than doing nothing, but if your body is like mine, at some point you'll need to ramp it up to really see results. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• WALKING to lose weight DOESN'T WORK unless you are walking fast enough to get your heart rate up to a certain point. You can go to ask.com to find out how far and how often to lose weight.
    douwannadance

Answer by douwannadance at 9:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2010