My 9 month old has an ear infection what can i do?

I really dont my baby on antibotics so is any home remedies that you know of ?

Patience909

Asked by Patience909 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would use meds to help, why keep him uncomfortable?! but i have also heard of a blow dryer buy the ear and a warm wet rag on the ear. google it and i am sure you will find a lot!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My oldest has a history of ear infections. Some of the times the doctor would write an Rx for antibiotics, sometimes he would not. Not every ear infection requires antibiotics. I would check with your doctor and see if that is what your child has, and if antibiotics are truly needed or not.
    Have you tried warm, moist heat? When my 3 boys had ear infections I would put a warm, wet washcloth over the ear and the warm, moist heat helped.
    I hope your little one feels better soon!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Sometimes it does depend on the severity and type of ear infection. An inner ear infection is very serious and can result in a burst ear drum and lead to hearing loss. While antibiotics are not always the solution, at times they are what is best. I don't use antibiotics for outer ear infections because they don't pose as much risk and usually clear up easier and quickly. I can't tell you what to use for the infection itself but tylenol/motrin can help with the pain/fever.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• thanks
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My doctor gave my baby ear drops to put into his ear. Earaches to babies are as bad as a migrain or worse, please do something for you baby. You're not the one with ear infection. If it were you I am sure you would go to the doctor and do something to get some relief. Quit thinking about WHAT YOU WANT and THINK ABOUT YOUR BABY.
    douwannadance

Answer by douwannadance at 9:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2010