my baby is 3.5 months old. does a little less then 2 weeks really make a diff with feeding her cereal? she is drinking a lot!!! and seems hungry all the time!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• it can make a huge difference to some babies, while others it wont bother at all. My advice is start with one small teaspoon of cereal(I used oatmeal versus rice but thats just personal choice as the rice is so constipating), water it way down with milk/formula. The thing is, she also has to be ready to take the solids with her lips tongue mouth. some babies may be ready tummy wise but cant figure out the spoon yet. but keep trying, everyday. I dont agree with putting cereal in bottles, it can clog the nipple causing a large chunk to break loose at some point and they can choke, also it wrecks the bottle as you can never get it all out of them lol...good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have 3 kids and no feeding cereal a little early will not hurt if they seem hungry all the time. If don't want to go straight to cereal mix a little in the bottle with a little formula.It did not hurt my kids and they were a lot happier with more to eat.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No it does not. Try a little. I will not really hurt her.

Answer by louise2 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I did with my son when he was a baby. He was drinking a lot and talked to the pediatrician about it. He said to start him on cereal and spoon it to him. After about a day or so he wasn't drinking a lot and back down to the normal amount of bottles per day.
    willysmama

Answer by willysmama at 11:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Think about how much changes in a baby in 1 week while it is developing in the womb, and then how one week they change so much! My 7 month old just started reaching out for me to pick him up when I walk by. He wasn't doing that last week!! So YES, 2 weeks can make a HUGE difference as their digestive system continues to grow and develop.

Also, I didn't feed solids to any of my kids until they were 6 months and that is generally the recommendation now, though some say 4 months. So based on the fact that you are going with the earlier age, I would think the 2 weeks may be very important!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2010