Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

My daughter ate cherry seeds...should we go to the doctor????

Yesterday my husband let out child eat some cherries. For some reason he didnt take out the seeds and she of course at them...not sure how many she ate. This morning i woke up and she was COVERD in poop and there where the cherry seeds. Ive heard cherry seeds are poisonous, should i take her to the doctor???

Answer Question

Asked by pickles5767 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Health

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • call Dr and ask. There should be someone on call you can talk to.

    Answer by elizabr at 11:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Call the poison control center.


    Answer by louise2 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Call poison control or take her to the ER ASAP. The seeds contain cyanide. Even a few seeds that are chewed by an adult can be a problem. Hope she didn't chew. Even if she didn't they release cyanide. Since so much time has passed I would be very concerned.


    Answer by Gailll at 11:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Oh lord I hope she will be alright. Reading the above statement I will take her to the doctor.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 7:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • My daughter who is 3 just ingested 8-10 cherry seeds. I called poison control. They said it was ok and nothing to worry about. They said within an hour of ingesting if they start vomiting then you have a problem..other wise all is good and she will pass them.

    Answer by c4urjoy at 8:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • no she should be fine she will poop them out there is only a need for concern if the seed was cracked open, Which is hard to do. Since it happened yesterday and there are no signs of illness I wouldn't worry.

    Answer by justgrape723 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.