What is safer?

So I've heard getting a DNC done is not safe. It leaves scaring and its harder to get pregnant the next time around.
My doctor couldn't find a heartbeat at 6 and half weeks pregnant. He askes me to come back in next week to get another U/S done just to make sure. He askes if I wanted a D&C done, but I'm thinking of waiting one more week and take a pill to have it naturally. I need some advice and anything would help :) Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a d and c and got pregnant two months later. I couldn't have hung on any longer, that's for sure. I was ten weeks, tho, and no baby... six and a half seems so early...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:23 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I personally, would want to see what the ultrasound shows. Then find out all the consequences of taking the pill and weigh it against the D&C. I think I would rather take the pill but would have to do my research and get Dr's opinion, etc , first. I wish you all the best. HUG
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had a d&c and got pregnant less then 6 months later.

Answer by louise2 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think it depends on the person- it can take a month for your body to absorb or expel the remaining uterus tissue- making it take longer for your body to get back to normal and to begin having periods again- some people elect to have the d & c to have it over & done with..
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i had a d an c and was pregnant the next month with my youngest son..
    ann202124

Answer by ann202124 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• ive never had one but when i was 14 i had a abortion and i am pregnant now but im 19
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 12:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have had 2 D&C's there is no scaring for one thing and i had no problem getting pregnant soon after.
    melissa78155

Answer by melissa78155 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• they go along the same lines except a dnc is when the baby is dead and a abortion is choosing not to have the baby
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 12:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• omg and all these things of peoples babies having no heard beats and having the sacs and stuff but no babies in them is scaring me!
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 12:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I wouldnt do it yet. Id wait a couple weeks, they could ne off on the gestational age, and you could only be 4 weeks. I would give it a little time. And im sure then d n c can scar, but i know alot of people that have had successfull pregnancies afterwards.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2010