Q for moms who have delt with the NICU

a girl I know just had a baby too early. baby will be in NICU for a couple of weeks. I was going to bring in a basket of goodies (nurses said was ok). What would you have wanted while going back and forth to the NICU?

Reuseable water bottle, snacks, disposible toothbrushes, mouth wash, light blanket, gum, ????

What would have helpped even a little????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Magazines and Crossword puzzles help to pass time by. Quarters are always helpful for the snack machines,
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• family in the vanWhen my daughter was in NICU I wouldn't really want anything, but the support of someone there. My husband and I felt lost and helpless. The presents of my family and friends is all I needed. :)

buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 11:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My son was in NICU and a friend of mine brought me lotion, magazines, crossword puzzles, gatorades, candy, snacks and i thought it was the sweetest most thoughtful thing.
    ARuss

Answer by ARuss at 11:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• lip stuff, lotion, razor, healthy food for nursing~bright sharpee for marking milk to be frozen.

I really like this bach flower remedy called "rescue me"~you get it at whole foods or health food place. It's a little maybe 3 oz tube of cream you can rub or a tincture to can add to water. It helps with big shock like right after a car accident, small stuff like a bike fall or on going stress like being separated from your baby.

Its only flower flower extracts~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• all OPs are good....my oldest is ont the NICU and we were 80 miles from home....DH was home (had to work)...so like magazines,books etc
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 1:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• When my friends son was in the NICU, she and I would drive up there 4 times a wk together and she kept her own hand sanitizer there, lotion, a hoodie (cause its always freezing)...things of the sort
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010