last night i went to the RR & adult content

i'm 37 weeks and i went to the rr and like a quarter size mucus plug came out with a little brown in it? is that bad? Also when i tried to sleep my lower back was hurting really bad... Today i feel fine..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I lost my mucus plug at 23 weeks. It was hard I started to have contractions and by the time i got in the hospital I was already dialated 6 cm. If you don't get the contractions then you should be fine. Good luck
    buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 11:31 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• At thirty seven weeks it is normal for your body to prepare for labor. It's the beginning, but doesn't indicate pending labor. Your next couple of weeks could be very uncomfortable, so just do the best you can and stay very hydrated.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It's normal for you to lose part or even all of your mucous plug sometime within the last few weeks. Losing your mucous plug isn't a sign of impending labor, just that your cervix is doing some dilating. Since the mucous plug can regenerate itself this is nothing you need to worry about. Watch for signs of labor and contact your MW/OB if something doesn't feel right. You said there was brown in it so that's more than likely old blood, nothing new. As for the lower back pain- welcome to late pregnancy, lol. ;)
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 11:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• idk im only about 10 - 11 weeks but heres a bump goodluck getting your answer
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 12:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My Dr prepared me for what mine would look like .. she said it would be the color of an apple core if you let it set out for a bit. And sure enough it was. Sounds like yours was too. I have 3 kiddos and lost mine at about the same time as you and it never meant much to me. But this is the beginning of the end! Congrats!
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 4:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• All 3 of mine kiddos were born during the 37th week and my plug looked just like what u said
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 11:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010