OK ladies for home schooling has anyone used sing read spell and write?

My 5 has dyslexia and I am looking in to this curriculum has anyone ever used it?
Liked it? She is having a Really hard time with her abcs.....

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 11:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You might get better replies by asking this question in the Happy Homeschoolers group here on CM.
    I have not tried any curriculum because we kind of make our up as we go.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My daughter has convergence insufficiency. It's unclear at this point if she has dyslexia as well, but it's very common for children with convergence insufficiency to have dyslexia as well. I check out the manual (Gillingham Manual) for the Gillingham-Orton method and have been applying some of the methods. It has helped greatly in her reading abilities. I'm doing it on my own, but there are several multi-sensory programs out there based on the Gillingham-Orton Method. That's why I highly suggest that is what you look into. Right now I'm doing it on my own with things I'm getting at the library and research on how. However if I was ever to use a pre-made system it would be Barton Reading.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yes & I loving it. Also I highly recomend the dvd from Leapfrog called Letter Factory
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My mother actually used it with me in the 80's. I excelled. Unfortunately we did not find out until I was 15 that I was dyslexic, I simply thought everyone did things the say way as I.

Though I am vehemently against HS/US I would recommend this to anyone who has young children entering school.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010