did anyone find it hard to quit smoking .

Did anyone find it hard to quit smoking when you found out you were pregnant,and do you have any suggestions on how to quit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• extremely hard, but not as hard as quiting eating unhealthy foods.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had a very hard time quitting when I got pregnant with my first. Some people will say if it's too stressfull to quit that'll cause more damage, which is what I was told. I smoked on and off with my first pregnancy and my oldest son has asthma and aspergers, I attribute a lot of things to his issues, but I know smoking was one of them. Support groups do help. Also, let EVERYONE know that they cannot smoke near you at all. Anyone who cares will be understanding. Anyone who doesn't care isn't worth the effort. Find something to keep your hands and your mouth busy. Hard candies or gum and knitting or writing, or whatever. You can also get a phone buddy that you can call anytime you have a craving. Usually about five minutes is all it takes before the craving is gone and you can move on. Good luck honey, remember it''s such a short time in the grand scheme of things, you CAN do it!
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think why its so hard is that everyone around e smokes and it is so hard to watch them.I havent bought a pack but the are always around me .Argh!!!
    ann202124

Answer by ann202124 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It was hard at first for me, but my SO was CRAZY about it! If he saw one butt, he would flip out on me. I knew everything he said was true, so I just had to do it. I wish you luck, its very hard but worth it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• With my oldest ds it took 3 days. I'd onlt hit my SO's cig about 3x a few times a day. With dd it took me a week. I just finished the pack I had and promised not to buy anymore so I didn't. Unfortunately my dd is now 8 wks old and I started smoking again when she was about 3 wks old :(
    aNzsMommy85

Answer by aNzsMommy85 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• With my 1st DD I smoked through out my pregnancy with her shes fine thankfully my 2nd DD I quit cold turkey big mistake lol.. I was ready to kill nething that moved and with my DS I quit a year b4 he was concieved and didnt start smoking again til a cpl mos ago. but everyone that smokes they have 2 smoke outside I dont want my house smelling like cigarette smoke even kno I am a smoker
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 11:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010