Do you bring food from home when going to the Movie Theater?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, but I always buy a pack of starbursts there. :)
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 12:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't go to the movies....use Netflix..........but I have a friend who has always taken her own snacks to the movies (for her kids and herself).
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• when we go which isn't too often-we take our own candy. We usually buy 2 large sodas there and share them...and occasionally we will get popcorn
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Our first stop is the dollar store where we load up on cheap boxes of candy.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yupe, we always stop @ a dollartree on the way.....they have the same yummy candy as the movie theater, but MUCH cheaper!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 12:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We will buy popcorn and a soda but I refuse to pay what they want for candy so yes we hit Walmart or Walgreens for the sweet stuff I mean they charge way to much for popcorn and soda as it is. We are lucky the place we go have dollar hotdogs ha ha ha
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Nope. My dad is a theater manager. 80% of his pay is commission. Not to mention it's against the rules and you can and in most places will be thrown out if you are caught. Then it's a waste of money to have bought the tickets.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes, we normally stop off at taco bell. The prices are WAY over priced. $4 bucks for a drink that would normally cost $2. I don't think so. We bring candy that we buy from costco lol. I have never been asked to open my purse.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Absolutely -- the candy and stuff is priced outrageous!! We'll usually grab a pack of starburst or something and sneak that in. Every once in a while we'll buy a large pop to share.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes, and since htere is no rule against bringing in outside food at our local theaters, why wouldn't i. I'm certainly not paying 8 bucks for a bucket of popcorn
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 1:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010