Do you travel with ur animals?

What do you do with them when you can't take them when you go out? Leave them crated where you are staying or what do you do?

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pets

• Yes we do.Damn spoiled dogs.lol
    peacelovingmom

Answer by peacelovingmom at 12:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Our trip to Florida last month we did take my daughters puppy. We left her in the house while we went out. The house had a bathroom that was perfect for her and we used the baby gate that we brought along. The puppy is housebroken so we didn't have any issues with accidents.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• we take him pretty much everywhere. he is well behaved, even if he looks scary. and very spoiled!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We have always travelled with our Labs. Except when we went to Israel and then he stayed at the vet's kennel. When we travel by car, one person stays in the car with him while everyone else goes in to "do business". Then we switch off. At some point we give him a bowl of water and take him for a walk around the rest area's pet area. No FOOD!!! He gets car sick! Just plenty of water.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• our dogs go pretty much everywhere with us. When we do go places that they can't we will crate two of them while we are gone but the older one stays out.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If we are traveling to where we are going to be gone for a week then the dogs go on vacation to grandma's house because a lot of people are afraid of their breed. They're spoiled at grandma's house so I think they prefer to go there. If we are only going for a little weekend trip then they are probably going to be traveling with because they are well behaved and enjoy the ride.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We have taken our Boxer with us but if we can't we have a friend that does pet sitting in her home and we leave him there. He has a blast playing with all the other dogs.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:05 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have found that the by calling 1-888-holiday I have always been able to find a nice, clean, safe pet friendly hotel when we travel. I have been able to tell them what highway and city I am traveling on and they find me an appropriate hotel. DO NOT leave the dogs in the car!!! Many states have laws against leaving pets in the car alone for ANY length of time!!!
    LorisBaby

Answer by LorisBaby at 10:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Depends on where I'm going. Sometimes the dog goes, sometimes he is sitted, and sometimes the kennel.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 11:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When we take family vacations we always rent a pet friendly cabin, rather than stay at a hotel. If for some reason we can't take our animals (like if we're flying somewhere) we pay our nephew (he's 20) to dog sit for us. Works out well for both of us.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010