Will you take a look at my website and tell me what you think? Part 2

Last night, I asked you lovely ladies to give me some feedback for my website. Thanks to those that did. I made some changes and was wondering if you can take another look at it. Give me your honest opinion- does everything look good- design, prices, spelling, set-up, etc. Thanks in Advance!

Link below

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 12:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• in your "services and fees" section:
    "Personal and Concierge Services are $15 an hour unless specified otherwise. Business Services are $17 an hour."- it sounds better to use per hour instead of an hour.
    "Long distance travel MAY be provided upon availability and at an extra charge." - using additional charge instead of extra charge sounds more professional.
    "$15 an hour unless specified otherwise"- I would say $15 per hour unless otherwise specified, or otherwise agreed upon.
    I noticed a/an a lot where you should be saying per.

Other than that it looks very professional and is easy to navigate. I hope it works out very well for you! Good luck :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Great idea...I might even give that type a thing a try here where I live.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 12:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Great website ! and great business ! I know people who would definitely benefit.....let me give you a group of people to market to....not too pushy because their budgets are USUALLY pretty tight, but people who have children with special needs, physical or neurological would LOVE your services ! For example,...I have 3 children with Fragile-X Syndrome and Autism....my son's anxiety holds us back immensely....in order for me to go grocery shopping, I have to pay a sitter $15 per hour per child ! that's $45 per hour ! That's because I have to have someone VERY experienced in my children's care ! Soooo, I would much rather pay you to do my grocery shopping for me and I can use respite money to do something for me ! I'm in Canada, so unfortunately I couldn't hire you obviously, lol, but moms like me in your area would love you if they can afford it.....put out flyers to associations for Autism and the like...more below
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• ...and maybe even offer special needs mom special pricing for certain time periods, like say you find your business is slow on wednesday afternoons, ...maybe you could offer wednesday afternoons exclusively to those moms at a special price....just a thought.....some kind of offer to make them feel special and reach out to them....just keep in mind so many families spend a tonne of money on therapy and education for children with special needs, so some families may find this expense hard to come up with....but if they have respite moneys set aside, they may find it more logical to spend it in this way....hope this helps you with marketing a little bit....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• That is an amazing business idea!!!
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Your rates are much too low; it has been my experience with concierge services that they charge a percentage, rather than an hourly rate. For example, I hired a company to send a gift box to a coworker who was recalled by the military and sent to Iraq. They charged 25% of the items purchased, plus a mileage fee (whatever the IRS standard was at that time, plus 25%)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Thank you rhianna. I will go change those things.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Thanks FXmomTo3. Those are some great ideas!
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• rkoloms, I have looked at over 25 different errand and concierge company websites and all of them charge by the hour (even the one that you sent me the web link too). I have really struggled on the rates though. My city has a population of about 30,000 and the average income is about $35,000-$40,000. I wanted to offer something affordable yet still make money. I also didn't want to scare away anyone with my prices, so I thought I would start out on the low side and rise the rates as I go. Any advice on this?

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2010