Pregnant and scared. Need advice.

So I went to the ob today. They had told me before i was measuring small and scheduled me for an ultra sound. Today I went and baby is 4 lbs and 6 ozs and im 35 weeks due to have a csection in four more. The bad news was my amnio fluid is low. Ive never been told this or ever had any problems. Now Ill have an u/s once a week then go to the hosp and be monitored checking his heart rate and stuff. While I was there today I had a contraction. I guess it wasnt anything major cause they let me go. I dont know much info on amnio fluid being low so now that im home Im thinking of all kinds of stuff. Is this why my baby is small? Has anyone else went thru this? Did you carry full term? They say if things dont improve they will take the baby earlier. Whats the chances of that happening?

LilmomaShan

Asked by LilmomaShan at 3:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Um, sounds like tall the questions you just asked are something that you should have asked your Dr. If you're going every week for ultrasounds, why haven't you asked these things already? If you need, make a list for yourself and the next visit voice your concerns. No mom on here can tell you what the chances of you baby being taken earlier, or if your fluids being low is why the baby is small. This requires a lot more than just listening to your story, you need to know a few things about your case specifically and about maternal fetal medicine. If you're looking for support that's one thing, but if you're looking for medical answers that's another. No one can answer those questions other than your Dr.
    Jess6700

Answer by Jess6700 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• This just started today. I was shocked and while i did ask a lot of questions when i found out i was just wondering if other mothers had been thru this and how it went for them. Just wanted to get some more answers or more opinions. Trust me i asked a lot. Its not like ive had this issue my whole pregnancy. Was only hoping to hear from other mothers who may have been thru this. You dont have to sound so mean and bash me bout not having asked. Have you not ever wanted to hear from people in the same situation as you. Good god.
    LilmomaShan

Answer by LilmomaShan at 3:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had low fluid and gave birth full term to a 6lb. 8oz. Drink more water and put yourself on bedrest as much as possible. If you are tiny to start with that may be why baby is small. of course if you smoke or do drugs at all that is why baby is small. I'm not saying you do, but cigarettes are the no. 1 cause of low birth weight babies. Anyway, when it's all said and done I don't know why the baby is small, but I had the low fluid too and baby is perfectly healthy. Good Luck at next appt.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my sister in law went threw this and i was with her every time, i was her ride!! she had to got twice a week for the last month, she carried full term and her baby was like 6lbs and she is now in the 94% for her age in height and weight... so things work out the way god planned, just take it easy and dont stress! everything will be fine :)
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• with my first pregnancy they told me all that same stuff, i had to do all those NSTs and U/S too. they didn't say much bout the low fluids but because of that they induced me. they also said that my son had growth restriction thats y i measured small. but when he was born he was 7lbs13oz. I was so scared when they first told me all this but I had my son with no problems at all and he has been healthy for all of his 11 months here. Don't stress too much about it cause im sure it will all b ok. i wasted alot of time stressin over nothing,
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2008