What in you opinion id the 'dumbest' mom debate.

I have to go with Working vs. non working moms. sheesh!
Ear piercing being a close second.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• any of them. parenting is personal
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• crib or co-sleeping
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 12:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• bottle vs breast
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Breast feeding vs Forula feeding
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 12:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yeah I agree with lovemydivas.. that or BF in public debates..

I don't think ear piercing is a stupid debate because some people are ignorant of the risks they take in piercing an infant.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I mean a debate is typically there to help spread the word about your opinion on the subject based on either experience or facts..

and lets face it.. some mama's out there are pretty ignorant of what is sometimes the safest for their children.. without some of these debates, some of those women would continue to be ignorant.. so sometimes I don't think they are stupid debates.

If it educated one mom to make a safer or healthier decision for their child. it's not a stupid debate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would say just about any of them... But CarSeats, BF vs FF, & SAHM vs WAHM... I mean, with those 3 no matter what the mother chooses she's doing what is best for her child and her family...

Some of the debates (vaccines, circumcision & ear piercings) do directly affect a child's health or physical being, so I can see how that could at least be worth giving your opinion on. However, I think these tend to come down to tradition, rumor and propaganda vs fact and education more than anything else.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• They're all dumb if the only people debating are those people who put others down for their parenting choices. And sadly, it seems as though you have to scroll through dozens and dozens of crappy, judgmental answers in order to get any valuable information at all.

Circumcision and ear piercing are often based in cultural or religious beliefs and traditions, so I stay away from those debates. I don't want people telling be how to practice my religion or the traditions in my family, so I sure as hell am not going to tell others what to do, and I don't think anyone else should do so either.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Personally I think they are all ridiculous. I do not care one iota if you choose to circumsise or pierce or breast feed. As long as you are caring for your kid to the best of your ability who on earth has any right to judge what you do. Lets face it if you dont like peircing your childs ears DONT DO IT, but is it child abuse? no, I have looked up the statistics and lets just say not to many kids have died from ear piercing or been terribly injured for that matter. If more people stopped worrying about all the stupid things and put more effort into helping others in need, the planet and the starving, really abused kids and all the other people and animals out there that have real worries the world would be better off.
    JMO.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I don't think debates are dumb. I think the arguing that comes out of them can be dumb.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010