How soon is too soon to have another baby?

I have a 10.5 month old. I really want another baby. I had a vaginal birth with little complications.
I want to start TTC now but am unsure if that will be hard on my body since I read doctors say you should wait like 18 months before TTC again.
Is it terrible on your body?
and is like 20 months apart way too close?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• if you are healthy then go for it...why not??? You know your body...
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think 'they' say there should be a year in between pregnancies. 2 if there was a c-section. IMO 3-4 years is best.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• there are people who have them much closer than that. i'v always heard 2 years is what it takes for your body to get back in order. it will be hard on your body to have them that close together but if you really want another baby why not!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i had a c section in november, and im 18 weeks pregnant, and when i asked my doc if its dangerous, he said not at all, if your body can get pregnant, it can hold a baby. you will be fine.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 12:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My cousin has 5 kids and most of them are just over 1 year apart in age...2 of them are less than a year in age...she did fine with all her pregnancies and her kids are so cute and well behaved =) I got pg with my second child when my son was 14 months old and she ended up being 10 weeks early...I think it just depends on your body...this time we are def waiting until our baby is at least 2yrs old to try for a 3rd. 2 is enough trouble for me right now =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my 1st and 2nd are 4 years apart, 2nd and 3rd are 19 months apart, and my 3rd and 4th are 4 years apart....... I prefer 4 years apart!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my DD's are 21 months apart and were and are both super healthy- now for the lack of sleep you will get ....that is a whole different subject !!!!LOL
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I've been asking the same question and the most common answer has been to wait at least 1 yr. If you're in good condition healthwise than go for it bc like everyone says, YOU know your body best and it all comes down to how far apart you want to raise your LOs. Good luck!
    xoxneanxox

Answer by xoxneanxox at 1:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010