Would you let your 12 year daughter and 9 year old son read a email mention for you only (the adult mom) and a family fued that would hurt your kids feelings?

I wrote my sister a kinda put down email. My mom for last mother day got from sister a elephant with two broken legs (one leg put on badly and the other not attached) a Easter elephant with jelly beans and the discount price tag, a duck pond cork bottle top (my mother which is a recovering alcoholic) and a dog toy-fish. I wrote "you gotmom a dog toy for motheres day???". I figured to not pick on everything. Turns out my niece got it for my mom. But that wasn't even my point my sister in the end oked it and paid for it. But I thought that was out of line of her to her hurt daughters feelings like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Wow she should have made sure and mentioned that the dog toy was from her daughter so that your mom wasn't wondering about it as well. I would bet that instead of all the cheap things she could have put all that money together and got one better thing. I also don't understand what her thought was about buying a cork bottle top for a recovering alcaholic?
    candy79556

Answer by candy79556 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• NO spare your childrens feelings, why let them read something that will hurt them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't let them if I thought it would hurt their feelings.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Of course not.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• awww poor kid
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No, I can't imagine I would ever find a reason where my kids need to read my emails - regardless as if they are about them or not! But when it is something that will hurt them, doubly No!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• no !!! Especially if it would hurt them!
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 1:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would never let my kids read an email like that. We do not see or speak to my mother in law and I don't let them read the cards she sends until I read them first so I can make sure it doesn't say anything bad about anyone (she hates me and is known to say horrible things about me). I think that in todays world parents should protect their children from as much negativeness as possible.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 1:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• isnt that a bit immature, when it comes to presents its the thought that counts not what it is, sounds like your family needs to grow up. Maybe she doesnt have the money to get exactly what you guys want. Maybe there's meaning behind those gifts.
    Anonymous

• 1) Your personal emails are your personal emails and your children should not read them.

2) Based on how YOU told the story You were the one totally out of line. It is NOT your business AT ALL what a sibling gives as a gift to your mother and based on what YOU said I think you owe your sister a Huge apology. That was simply rude of you... if she makes a poor choice of gifts that is on her and has NOTHING to do with you.

I would not allow my kids to read an email that showed how rude I had been.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010