My doctor says not to worry...

Okay, my 1 year old has these teeny-tiny little red bumps that seem to be popping up. At first, I thought maybe it was reaction to being at my aunts house with the animals but they continued to increase in number even after we left. Then I thought maybe it was bug bites but he's the only one in the apartment with them. My mom is a retired medical technician and said they weren't hives or chicken pox. I called my ped and told her about them in detail and she says it doesn't sound serious and thinks they are probably just bug bites. But wouldn't we all be getting them if it were fleas or mosquitos or something? I only find them on his legs and he doesn't seem to be bothered by them and they don't appear to itch. Still a little concerned...

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 1:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could be bug bites i get covered in them and no one else has them at all. my daughter gets something like that in te summer cuz of how hot it is like a heat rash. and it could be some food he has eaten also. never know good luck on finding out tho
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 1:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Bugs like some people better than others too ya know. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• my son had the same thing...turned out it was the lavender lotion,laundry soap,bubble bath etc
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 1:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My mom cat sat for someone when my sis and I were younger. Unknown to us, the cat had fleas. My mom and sis had all sorts of flea bites. I had none. Bugs do not like every one.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• have you added anything into his diet recently?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Could it be bed bugs? I know certain states have been having issues with large numbers of these. Google them for a pic.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I did start giving him yogurt yesterday but he already had them prior to that. He hasn't had anything new besides that. I did switch to a different laundry detergent though.
    jessflynn

Comment by jessflynn (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010