Pregnant and cramping...could sex be the culprit? adult content

Dh and I had mildly wild sex last night and I am having mild cramping and lower backache today...

Is this normal? No spotting or anything....I am about 10 weeks along.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 1:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds normal to me!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yes no matter how far a long you are when having sex it releases a hormone that causes you to contract. I always worried about that as well you can even get light spotting sometimes and still be fine. None of it hurts the baby. That question is covered in most baby books now and my experience of 4 babies this happened, but if you are worried ask your doctor I am sure they get that question a lot lol
    Melissa0930

Answer by Melissa0930 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If you start bleeding then you need to hold off for at least 48 hrs. Thats what my doctor told me anyways. The cramping could be from him hitting your cervix. I wouldn't worry about it to much unless the cramping gets to be unbearable. :) have a good day
    buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 1:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yes. cramping is normal early. even though its unsettling it is experienced by most of us.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am 21 weeks and I still cramp after sex, perfectly normal as long as there is no bleeding
    mommatink83

Answer by mommatink83 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Normal. As long as you aren't bleeding you should be fine, but because sex can cause contractions, it can also cause a miscarriage in the first trimester under the right conditions. If your doctor okayed having sex there's no need to worry. If he hasn't you should probably ask before you do it again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yes! i remember when i was pregnant with DS, whenever me and dh had sex i always cramped. and it got so bad that i couldnt move toward the end of my pregnancy... its completely normal as long as there is no bleeding.
    newmommytiffany

Answer by newmommytiffany at 9:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010