Mother in law problems

My mother in law and I use to be very close. Her ex(who is the father of her children) cheated on her and she stayed with him for 21 years. I'm married to her son who is also her favorite and everytime we have an argument She butts in all the time! Always defending him! She even defended him when I found out he was cheating on me! I'm a nice person but when I am pushed to that limit I say things that icknow I won't regret later! If my husband and I have a disagreement she tells him I called him to argue! WTF if your sone wasn't such a lil kid I won't have to argue with him! I lover her don't get me wrong but this woman can't even control her kids! Her older son steals whatever he cans and don't care about her ad her youngest son already been in jail! Her little daughter has ADHD and she too don't respect her even when she has her medicine. If my mother can respect our problems why can't she?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• My MIL is a nutjob...but for a different reason....good luck
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• frustratedI had the same problem with my Mother n law until one day I couldn't take it no more and she hasn't butted in since. I just put my foot down. I tell her in person so she knows that i was serious too and said I'm your sons WIFE and we all have disagreements but it gets really annoying when I come to find out I married a MAMMAS boy. if you have something that will help us IMPROVE our marriage I am all ears, but if your going to be immature and take sides to leave me hangen , DON"T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL! She listened to me. We have a way better relationship now. Hope it gets better.

buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 2:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Mothers usually defend their sons before defending their DIL's.

I'm sorry you got cheated on, i would be out the door....one time is enough for me. I demand respect, trust & friendship. If i couldn't have those with my DH, i'd be gone. I am so greaful that my MIL keeps to herself unless she is asked for. Love her to pieces!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I can count on one hand the number of times my MIL has spoken to me. Be careful what you wish for!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2010