Pro choice question..

to what degree are you pro-choice:

A: Every woman should have the right to terminate a pregnancy that is unwanted regardless of the reason.

B: Pro-choice because we don't know their situation, and are afraid it may take away from women who have situations were it may be desirable (rape cases, unfit parent, medical, etc).

C: Pro-Choice because of medical situations and rape

D: Pro-choice because of Medical situations

E: Pro-choice/Pro-abortion.. oh lets let everyone get an abortion.. (okay, obviously this one is an extreme example, but go with it a minute).

Also:

1-Pro-choice only in the first trimester unless there are medical issues

2-Pro-choice up until 25 weeks unless there are medical issues

3-pro-choice through the entire pregnancy

4-pro-choice ONLY until the the age of viability.. no exceptions afterward.. because early births through c-section are o

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 2:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• While I can't imagine the circumstances under which I would have an abortion, I really can't place limits on when another woman would have one. I do think it's wrong for abortion to be used time after time as the only method of birth control, but I also think that putting limits on how many a woman can have is a slippery slope.

I also don't agree with abortions past the second tri, and certainly not past the age of viablity, unless there is a medical reason, but even then I'd prefer to see the baby born and given a chance at life. But once again placing limits is starting down a slippery slope.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• -pro-choice ONLY until the the age of viability.. no exceptions afterward.. because early births through c-section are o......

No reason to terminate after this point- can live independent of mother, so mother's health is not an issue. Infant's health?- Early delivery is a viable option.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pro-choice. Whatever she decides is right for her. I do not judge, do not want the govt in my personal/private decisions. Abortions are illegal after 22 weeks btw. The only reason after 22 weeks is a birth defect that killing the mother and fetus will have no hope of survival,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A-2
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• ARe any of those reasons for US to decide? NO. Those reasons are for each woman to think about ..... it is none of our business. We all have to live with our choices and it depends on our conscience and not dependent on anyone else's opinions.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pro-choice Abortion - It Wasn't a Choice
    Pro-choice abortion is a fact that women have the right to choose to abort a baby from their body. The "pro-choice" view is that a baby does not have human rights within the mother's womb. The people of the United States never voted on or supported this pro-choice position. Actually, it was the U.S. Supreme Court that "legalized" abortion as a result of Roe vs. Wade on January 22, 1973.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would probably chose C.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A -4 for me. If you reach age of viability and decide you don't want it, that's what adoption is for.
    Doesn't bother me what another woman does with her body it's her free will to do so.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A..because its a medical decision between a woman and her dr.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010