How we gonna eat the rest of the week!?

My car had to get new breaks and my account went negative and then I got paid but the Elect and ins came out plus the over draft fees. Leaving me with 40 for gas and what food is in the house now until next friday. WE always tight but this is not normal.

We have 3 chicken breast. 1 frozen dinner half a jar of peanut butter crackers, 2 packet of instant potates, 1 single serve tub of apple sauce, a handful of frozen peas, a box od rice pilaf, 3 boxes of kraft, kethup, mayo, bbq sauce, lime juice, 1 egg boiled, 10 kraft singles, 2 hot dogs, 3 cereal bars, a packet of onion soup, a handful of swt.potatoe fries, half a galon of milk, 1 tbs of butter, half a tub of plain yogurt, 4 packets of oatmeal, tea bags, half a box of cheese its, jam, 1 salmon fillet, 1/4 a box of noodles, flour, sugar, rice, coffee, couscous(plain) and some honey. Think we make it a week on this? 2 adults 2 kids 6 and 3.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• local food pantry?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• have a quick yardsale maybe u could ask neighbors if they have any goods they r fixing 2 clean out of their pantrys
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 2:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• it'll be tight, but where there's a will there's a way.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• sounds like a lot stuff but not complete meals especially if your kids are not in school or daycare. I agree local food banks don't ask questions. When we are tight we feed the kids first and take the left overs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm going through the same thing with my family right now. We went to local ministry [sp?] for a help & it's helping us a bit than what we had before.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 2:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We've made it on less before ... you've got quite a bit. It's do-able ... will take a little creative thinking, but it's very do-able.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I go through this nearly every month since my husband died. It can be done. It's not fun, but it can be done. Hang in there!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 2:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Maybe some nice chicken & dumplings if you have flour and make pancakes. Those are easy and quick. I've been online seeing what I can make from scratch with what I have in the cupboards. I made some cinnamon bread last night. I can eat it as bread or add powdered sugar icing and make a snack or dessert of it. Tough times call for ingenuity and portion control. See if you can eat with friends or family a night or two or call the church or local food pantry as suggested earlier.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Ramen!!! Ok so it isn't the most appealing, but it's cheap. Have you tried talking to the bank?? If your account has been in good standing for awhile sometimes they will forgive an overdraft and refund it to your account. It never hurts to ask, but try to talk to the manager rather than a teller.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• that sounds like a lot of food. we've made it on less before. you could try going to a food pantry, most of them dont ask any questions.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010